MARINE CORPS LEAGUE
DEPARTMENT OF INDIANA
CHARLES A. CRUMBO
MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION, INC.
Criteria — Eligibility — Requirements
APPLICANT MUST BE:
A Current Regular or Associate Member of the Department of Indiana Marine Corps League or Marine Corps League Auxiliary
The Spouse, Child or Grandchild of a current Regular or Associate member of the Department of Indiana Marine Corps League or Marine Corps League Auxiliary.
Failure to complete all requirements may disqualify you. Read carefully!
All Applicants – ALL MEANS EVERYONE!
- Applicants may request an application from an Department of Indiana Marine Corps League Detachment, by writing directly to the Crumbo Scholarship Foundation chairman, or at www.sildmarines.com
- Completed applications MUST be postmarked no later than April 30th of each award year.
- ALL applicants who are the spouse, child or grandchild of a current regular or associate member of the Department of Indiana Marine Corps League or the Marine Corps League Auxiliary are eligible and MUST submit a signed statement from the member verifying their relationship and recommending the applicant.
- Only full-time, undergraduate students (i.e. 12 credit hours minimum) are eligible for scholarships and no applicant shall receive more than five (5) Crumbo Scholarship awards. (increased from 4 in 2009)
- Applicant MUST submit a copy of their most recent (last semester) grades with the application. Do not withhold your application awaiting your final grades, as such a delay may disqualify you by missing the April 30 deadline.
- Successful applicants will be notified by July 1st of the award year.
- All decisions of the Crumbo Scholarship Foundation are final.
In addition to the requirements listed above, also complete the following:
New Applicants – Do this PLUS the items for All Applicants above.
- Applicant MUST submit a minimum of two (2) letters of reference from persons (not related) who have known the applicant for a period of five (5) years.
- Applicant MUST submit a copy of acceptance by an accredited institution of higher learning (i.e. college, university or trade school). Applicants already attending an accredited institution need only submit their last grade transcript.
Renewal Applicants – Do this PLUS the items for All Applicants above.
- Applicant MUST re-apply each year of their eligibility.
- Applicant MUST submit their most recent (last semester) grade transcript. Do not withhold your application awaiting your final grades, as such a delay may disqualify you by missing the April 30 deadline.
Arthur Smith, Chairman
Crumbo Scholarship Foundation
953 E State Road 18
Brookston, IN 47923-8347